- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread almonds in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar vanilla and salt over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until butter has melted and mixture is almond brown in color, about 7-10 minutes.
- Immediately spread the hot caramel mixture evenly over the almonds. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. After 1-2 minutes, spread the chocolate chips in an even layer until smooth. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours. Break into pieces.
We made toffee as my wedding favors and it was probably the easiest part of it all. We didn’t use the almonds in it, but we topped it with different things. The theme for our little wedding was bacon so we did candied bacon on top of the chocolate, plain chocolate, and even sprinkled a little salt for our friends who liked salted candies. Each one turned out delicious!